Damaged in Darkness: Writing Guidelines
Who We Are
Damaged in Darkness is a not-for-profit organization and socially innovative platform. Our mission is to bridge the gap between the digital world, self-expression, and human connection, raising awareness for mental health and personal development journeys.
With over 100+ stories to date, our writing platform is intended to be personable, relatable, and transformative, as we provide our community with the agency to voice their truth. We believe there is beauty on the other side of darkness, and by embracing vulnerability and discovering a sense of belonging, together, we can work towards for positive social change.
We invite you to write a personal story or message with the intention to bring hope, and compassion to the members within our community. From the following categories, we encourage you to write something that speaks from the heart, and will make a positive difference in someone’s life.
• Art & Music
• Mental Health
• Personal Development
• School & Career
What type of story should I submit?
Here are some suggestions:
- Write about an experience that has pained you in your past, and express how you persevered through it.
- Speak on a current challenge or struggle that you might be facing, and touch on positive coping mechanisms and/or everyday practices that are helping you.
- Express how far you have come, in terms of your own healing journey and/or personal development.
- Submit something encouraging in regards to mental health, self-love, healing, mental wellness, etc., to positively uplift the members of our community.
- Creative Writing
- Artwork, with a piece of writing of how it relates to your own personal journey.
- If you have any other suggestions, please don’t hesitate to share your story in a way that you feel comfortable.
• Ideally, between 500-1,500 words, but there is no specific word count required!
Submit Your Story
• Please click here to upload your story!
Thank you in-advance
Thank you for taking the time to put your time, energy, and heart into Damaged in Darkness.
You are a person who wants to make a positive change and impact people’s lives, and this initiative shows a lot about your character. Your message and story, will give others hope, despite their difficulties.
Your story will not only add value to our community, but it will make a difference in someone’s life. To have your voice and story heard is an act of courage.
You are making a positive difference, and there is nothing more beautiful than that.
Thank you again for putting your time to write something for us.
You are the light on the other side of darkness.
Questions? We’re happy to help!
Please contact us at: email@example.com